Snake and Ladder!
This is an ancient game originated from India.
The teacher can prepare a grid like this.
Each player is represented with different colored game piece token. A single dice is rolled to determine random movement of a player’s token.
Two persons play the game.Two groups can also play if there we find insufficient boards.
The first member rolls the dice and moves his token.Then the next person takes his turn.
If they find the ladder they can climb.
If there is the head of a snake they should descend towards the tail.
If the player wants to retain his position, he should answer the question which is assigned to the number of the box.
If he answered correctly he can move his token to the next box.If its wrong he must descend.
Likewise the game continues.
Reaching the 100th square represented the winning of the game.
The teachers can prepare questions according to the need of the class or the lesson,subject they teach.The questions can be answered in written form or oral.
Questions for snake heads.
17. Write a noun with 5 letters
54. Write few rhyming words for ‘hit’.
62. Write five auxiliary verbs.
64. Write plurals for bus & car.
87. write past tense for ,’learn’.
93. Do action for the word,’wipe’.
95. Supply synonyms for nice and big.
98. What are the four seasons.
87. Learned or learn t ( both are correct)
93. Do action
98. Summer,Autumn, Winter & Spring